The power of the TOEFL® test in your classroom
The classroom is where it all happens. The TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series gives you real insight into your students’ performance so you can shape their tomorrow and help them succeed.
Used by more than 2,500 institutions in 50+ countries, the TOEFL ITP® Program offers high schools, colleges and universities, English language learning programs, and other organizations the opportunity to administer a convenient, affordable and reliable assessment of English-language skills.
7 ways you can use the TOEFL ITP tests in your classroom.
The TOEFL ITP tests measure core English skills using academic content similar to what is used in actual classroom tasks. This makes the tests an essential tool for:
- Placement in intensive English-language programmes requiring academic English proficiency at a college or graduate level.
- Progress monitoring in English-language programmes stressing academic English proficiency.
- Exiting English-language programmes by demonstrating proficiency in English listening and reading.
- Admissions to short-term, non-degree programmes in English-speaking countries where the sending and receiving institutions agree to use ITP scores.
- Admissions to undergraduate and graduate degree programmes in non-English speaking countries where English is not the dominant form of instruction.
- Admissions and placement in collaborative international degree programmes where English language training will be a feature of the programme.
- Scholarship programmes, as contributing documentation for academic English proficiency.
The TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series:
- Designed to meet your testing needs and preferences
The TOEFL ITP tests share the same rich heritage as the TOEFL® test — the world’s most widely accepted and respected English-language test. The TOEFL ITP tests are an on-site solution that enables colleges and universities, English-language programmes and agencies to administer a convenient, affordable and reliable assessment based on previously administered TOEFL test questions.
- Great for placement, monitoring progress and more
The TOEFL ITP tests are used globally to place students in English-language programmes, to measure progress, for exit assessments and as a screening tool for study abroad and scholarship programmes.
- Convenient, flexible and reliable
By administering the test on-site yourself, you control when you want to test, the group size and how often to test. With multiple and various test forms, you can administer the tests all year round based on your needs.
- Mapped to the CEFR on A2, B1, B2 and C1 levels
A mapping study identified the minimum TOEFL ITP Level 1 test scores corresponding to four levels of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages.
- Award your students a certificate they can be proud of
The TOEFL ITP tests award three levels of certificates as proof of achievement of English-language proficiency. Each level corresponds to a CEFR level: B1 (Bronze certificate), B2 (Silver certificate) and C1 (Gold certificate).
- Give you confidence with a proven track record of success
As the world’s leading on-site testing programme, the TOEFL ITP assessments are relied upon by more than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries with 800,000+ tests administered annually.
- Offer reasonably priced options at any quantity
The TOEFL ITP assessments are affordably priced at any quantity. Institutions have the option to purchase different quantities of the tests based on specific needs.