TOEFL Secure Browser
The Secure Browser is a locked-down version of an internet browser that prohibits access to other applications during testing. This Secure Browser must be installed on all devices that will be used for testing. Install the Secure Browser by downloading the provided install file. Administrator rights are not required for installation.
- Select the Download button located underneath these instructions.
- Depending on your browser settings, the install file will download in one of the following ways:
- The install file will automatically download to the default location, typically your desktop or Downloads folder.
- You will be prompted to run or save the install file. Select either option. If you select Save, the install file will download to the default location.
- Double-click the install file to begin the Secure Browser installation.
- You will receive the following Security Warning: “Do you want to install this application?” Select Install.
- The Secure Browser is installed, and a shortcut is added to your desktop. A dialog box informs you that installation is complete. Select OK.
- Double-click the Secure Browser shortcut icon on your desktop to open the Secure Browser. After installing the Secure Browser, the install file is no longer needed. Use the desktop shortcut to open the Secure Browser.
TOEFL Audio Browser
The Audio Browser is a locked down version of an internet browser that does not allow access to any other applications. If you are installing the Audio Browser for all users, drag the Audio Browser to your applications folder. If you are not logged in as an administrator, you will need to authenticate using an administrator’s username and password. You may need to get this information from your Macintosh computer administrator.
- Click the “Download for Mac” button.
- Your web browser will download the file to the default location (usually the desktop).
- If your computer does not automatically unzip the file, double click the downloaded file to decompress the Audio Browser.
- You may launch the file from the desktop.
The iPad Secure Browser app provides a secure testing experience by prohibiting access to other apps during testing.
- Select the Download from the App Store button located underneath these instructions.
- The App Store will open and display the Secure Browser app details. Select GET.
- Select INSTALL.
- Sign into the App Store using your Apple ID and password.
- To open the Secure Browser after it is installed, select OPEN or select the Secure Browser icon on the iPad home screen.