Format: Face-to-Face & Online
Duration: 90 minutes
In most English classrooms, the gaps in students’ proficiency levels are too wide. Teachers run the risk that students start feeling lost and disengaged. It presents a challenge to teachers to meet the needs of the individual students and to create motivating learning opportunities for them. To effectively address students’ diverse educational needs, teachers must engage in good decision making concerning the questions that follow:
- Why does assessment matter?
- What is the role of assessment in learning? How can we link assessment to student learning?
- How can I use the assessment data? How does it help me understand students’ progress?
- What are the alternative ways to make use of the assessment data?
- How do the descriptors of students’ ability help students themselves and parents understand students’ proficiency levels and progress?
In this practice-oriented workshop, you will get the opportunity to work on a sample of large-scale assessment data to discover the ways of meaningful classroom implementations in light of the answers to the questions above.